Coopers Plains Community Church is a non-denominational, Christ centered, bible teaching church. We hope you will find our church to be a great place to worship Jesus and grow as his disciple through learning and living out his word.
The clear preaching and teaching of God’s inspired word is essential to our Christian life of faith. Combining sound doctrinal teaching with our daily commitment to live out and obey God’s word are necessary to produce spiritual maturity, unity in faith, and fruitful lives that honor God. We strive to grow together in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ and spur each other on in the application of His word to our daily life of faith. [2 Timothy 3:16-17; Titus 2:11-15; James 1:22-25; 2 Peter 3:18]
- In the word-by-word inspiration, sufficiency and final authority of the Holy Scriptures.
- In one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the Lord Jesus Christ as true God and true man; His virgin birth, sinless humanity, vicarious death, bodily resurrection, present advocacy, and His personal, imminent, bodily return for His church.
- In the fall of man, resulting in his complete and universal separation from God and his need of salvation.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ shed His blood and died as a sacrifice sufficient to pay for the sins of the whole world.
- That salvation is a free and everlasting gift of God, entirely apart from good works or merit, received only by repentance and personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That the Holy Spirit regenerates with divine life and personally indwells the believer upon his faith in Christ for salvation.
- In the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; the saved receive the free gift of eternal life with the Lord on the basis of their personal faith in Jesus and the unsaved receive eternal separation from the presence of God as a consequence of their rejection of Jesus and disobedience to His Gospel.
- The historical-grammatical interpretation of the Bible.
- A believer’s soul once saved can never be lost.
- The church is called to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to all peoples, to baptize those that repent and believe in Him and teach them to obey His commands.
- The Word of God as our final authority for the life of faith.
- A Spirit-controlled life that is lived in a manner worthy of our holy calling in Christ.
- Dependence on God in all aspects of life and seeking His glory in all our endeavors.
- The primary role and responsibility of the local church in the Great Commission.
- Readiness to sacrifice for Christ and His church.
- Godly relationships and interdependence in ministry.
- Every Christian’s active participation in ministry utilizing their spiritual gifts.
- Redeeming the time to actively and urgently complete the good works the Lord has prepared for us to do for His own glory.